- The Organization
The Tyler Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce (The Metro) has a working Board of Directors that is responsible for establishing the policy of the organization. The structure was established to accomplish The Metro’s objectives are as follows:
- Economic Development
- Community Development
- Legislative Affairs
- Budget & Finance
- Program & Business Development
- Purpose & Goals
The Metro was organized in 1990 to promote the growth and development of the minority business community in Tyler and to promote North Tyler. The Metro has targeted other areas, such as community development, human resource development, conventions and tourism. The Metro, however, is not limited to those targeted areas.
The Metro has identified the following specific objectives:
- To foster economic growth and development of minority businesses, in developing areas of Tyler.
- To work for the retention and expansion of minority businesses.
- To develop and implement neighborhood revitalization programs.
- To create an awareness of the positive activities occurring in North Tyler and other developing areas in Tyler.
- To provide for the educational growth and development of The Metro members through seminars, business counseling and technical assistance.
- To provide human resources development through leadership, health, and human relations programs.
- Hours of Operation
The Metro is open Monday thru Friday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Appointments can be made for times outside of these hours of operation.
- Building Usage
The Metro also has a meeting facility that can be rented for meetings, conferences, family reunions, parties, showers, etc. The cost is $100 for the first 2 hours and $25 each additional hour. There is a $150 deposit. You will receive $100 of your deposit back if the facility is left in good condition.
For more information, to reserve a date or to visit the building, please CLICK HERE.